Concept of caring
“How may I take care of you?” This has always been the standard Concept Hotels greeting whenever our teams answer the phone or welcome a guest who walks through our doors. Taking care of people, it’s what we do. With this sentiment and spirit in mind, we take tremendous pride in announcing our newest program: Concept of Caring.
Our goal with this program is multifold. We want to provide unparalleled transparency into how we are navigating these uncertain times, and to what extent we will go to protect the wellness of our guests and employees, all of whom we consider family. We have always held the notion that health, safety, and cleanliness are our highest priorities.
Our housekeeping staff is not entering guest rooms during stays at this time, unless by special request.
We have increased the frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning to maximize fresh air exchange.
Strategic rotation of guest rooms to ensure maximum downtime between guest stays.
Guests enter through doors that are automated or already open, allowing a hands-free experience.
Hand sanitizer stations
We have increased the deployment of hand sanitizer stations throughout hotel public areas, entrances, and employee areas.
Staff Safety Protocol
Employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including face masks.
Prominent signage displayed
Social distancing signage and floor markings have been added to all public areas to control general crowding.
Tools and equipment
We sanitize during and after each shift, or anytime equipment is transferred to a new employee.
General Detail Cleaning
We have increased the frequency of cleaning with Ecolab & EPA approved hospital-grade disinfectants on all high-touch surfaces and common areas.
CONCEPT HOTELS ENHANCED STANDARDS OF CLEANLINESS
- All hard, soft and porous surfaces are cleaned with Ecolab & EPA approved hospital-grade disinfectants.
- High-touch areas such as door handles, light switches, in-room tablets, coffee machines, minibar refrigerators, and TV remotes are regularly wiped and disinfected.
- We frequently wipe and disinfect all high touch areas in our public spaces as well, including the lobby doors, tables, chairs, elevator buttons, handrails, coffee/tea/water service stations, ice and vending machines.
- We are reconfiguring our room amenities to be increasingly “low-touch”, especially if they are difficult to clean or replace.
- All bed linens and towels are washed with disinfecting laundry detergent. We also frequently wash bed scarfs, bedspreads, and decorative pillows that may not be changed out after every guest.
- We require our entire staff to wear face masks. We have also installed protective shields (sneeze guards) between areas of guest-staff interaction, such as the front desk. If guests are also required by local regulations to wear face masks in public areas, we communicate that clearly before and during their stay
- Since viruses can also survive in droplets for several hours in the air, we ensure that all housekeeping staff clean rooms with appropriate protective gear, including gloves and face masks. We do not allow new guests to occupy the room for several hours after the previous guest has checked out.
- In addition to providing staff with protective gear, we train employees in the proper methods to put on and take off masks and gloves so they do not accidentally contaminate themselves.
- We have created social distance markers in our hotel’s public areas to control check-in lines and general crowding
- We have posted signage for guests with information about recommended public health guidelines, including social distancing, hand washing, coughing and sneezing into a tissue or into your arm, and avoiding handshakes.
Caring for you and our employees
All Concept Hotels use industry leading cleaning products and are certified Clean + Safe by the California Hotel & Lodging Association. All Concept Hotels employees are Protek certified and uphold stringent protocols for sanitation, hygiene, risk mitigation, and more.
- Employees are encouraged to check their temperature prior to their shift.
- Employees who feel ill during their workday are required to communicate their symptoms immediately to management.
- Each employee is provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Thorough training of all CDC guided cleaning/sanitizing processes is required.
- Our team strictly adheres to appropriate distancing in the workplace.
- Back of house areas are frequently sanitized throughout the day.
Caring by taking every precaution
World Health Organization
An international authority with a wealth of information on the best ways to combat the pandemic, the World Health Organization is a vital resource for our hotels at this time.LEARN MORE
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Our Team is closely monitoring and following the most up-to-date information, recommendations, and guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, a national authority in health security of our country.LEARN MORE
Stanford Health Care
As our health care partner, we’re relying on the renowned experts at Stanford to help rewrite our cleaning protocols and translate the best practices in hospital hygiene standards to hotel guest rooms.LEARN MORE
The Ecolab disinfecting products we use are hospital grade and EPA approved. Ecolab is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. Every day, they help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier – protecting people and vital resources.LEARN MORE
World Travel and Tourism
Our Team is closely monitoring insights from the World Travel & Tourism Council, an organization that’s following both regional and national policy shifts to keep members updated in regards to operations.LEARN MORE
Our team has been trained and certified in various COVID-19 related training programs as well as specific courses on hygiene, cleaning, and prevention of the spread of infectious diseases. Protek provides end-to-end health, safety, and wellbeing solutions and certifications.LEARN MORE
California Hotel & Lodging Association
We are members of CHLA and our hotels are CHLA Certified Clean + Safe. This certification establishes guidelines and ensures our compliance with enhanced health, safety and cleanliness measuresLEARN MORE
American Hotel & Lodging Association
We have the AHLA SafeStay stamp of approval. In accordance with CDC guidelines, the AHLA has outlined this industry-wide initiative to enhance the standards of hotel cleaning, social interactions and workplace protocol.LEARN MORE
California Department of Public Health
We are compliant with these COVID-19 guidelines and protocols provided by the California Department of Public Health for the hotel and lodging industryLEARN MORE
Our cancellation policy
Our flexible cancellation policy allows reservations to be canceled up to 24 hours prior to arrival.
No shows will be charged first night's room and tax. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies. Booking direct guarantees the most flexible cancellation.
If you have any questions regarding your new or upcoming travel plans, please contact us at 415-467-4200