San Francisco's Top 5 Scenic Lookout Points
San Francisco is famous for having some of the best scenic lookout points. Now that you are in our city, we want you to experience the best of the best. Just a short drive from our San Francisco-area hotel, here are our top five scenic lookout points for an afternoon hike or an end to a romantic evening.
1) Battery Spencer: At more than 460 feet in the Marin Headlands, Battery Spencer offers the best view of San Francisco from across the water. Here you will get a picture-perfect view of the city framed by the bridge’s suspension ropes.
2) Baker Beach: At the western edge of the Presidio boasts an impressive view of the Golden Gate Bridge. It is best to visit just before sunset, when the bridge is lit up by the colors of the sunset.
3) Crissy Field: Best to visit Crissy Field in the afternoon when the sun lights up on the eastern side of the bridge and makes the bay shimmer. Head to the Warming’s Hut’s cafe to escape the wind and grab a hot drink.
4) Pier 7 on the Embarcadero: Pier 7 stretched for 600 feet out into the bay and from there you can view the entire western span of the Bay Bridge and the Ferry Building. Visit during the late morning for best lighting of the bridge and the bay.
5) Alamo Square: After brunch, take a stroll at Alamo Square. Sit on the grass and take in the view of the Painted Ladies against the backdrop of the Downtown San Francisco’s skyline. Stay until sunset to see the rose-tinted evening lights.
Enjoy your San Francisco lookout point tour!